Feb 5, 2012

Today's Special: Inborn Pair / 真愛找麻煩 review

[EDIT: Monday, June 11 - 2012] I recapped Episode 01 [click here] to read it! (:
      I know I promised to write reviews about the dramas and movies in my 'Progress and updates' page but there is this drama that I'm watching recently and I'm so addicted to the point where I tried to catch up to episode 38 in one day. The drama I'm talking about is called Inborn pair (真愛找麻煩). Here's a picture view: 
Inborn Pair (真愛找麻煩) - Picture from the viki channel
One thing I super love about this drama is that it is released from Monday to Friday. Meaning I don't have to wait that long for a new episode (and I hate waiting for episodes when they are this good). I started watching yesterday so what I got from my nonstop watching is like compacted with happiness. First of all, I was bored and so I wanted to rewatch my most favourite Taiwanese dramas since I've slightly lost interest in Korean dramas. There are really good ones out but I don't really want to wait for subs. Since I understand Mando, I resulted to Taiwanese dramas. Now for the review and some background on the drama.
      As you can see the main couple is Chris Wang and Annie Chen. They are both really cute in this. And I gotta agree, Annie is beautiful. But at first, the best friend (Chris' best friend) was quite similar in facial features with Annie so it was sometimes confusing. But when you watch it and enjoy it you'll be able to tell them apart easily. Too bad I can't find any character maps, cause then it'd be easier to explain.
      This drama is kinda like a family special. Not only do you see the main couple in action but
you also see the lives around them being changed. As you can see in the poster, there are 3 couples. The one on the left is about a playboy who meets a girl he bullied when he was a kid (who is now scary and controlling). 
After a one night stand with her, he is forever tied down in a forced relationship. Although it sounds pretty expected, and it sounds like it could develop into another story, it's pretty funny and refreshing. After a certain amount of episodes their relationship slowly transitions into a reversal pair and it's quite entertaining. 
      On the right is a woman sitting on a suitcase with her husband behind her. This couple is a typical business woman and husband relationship. A hardworking women who wants the best for her family with a husband who loves his wife till death. This relationship is very expected as well and was probably one drama before but when put into this drama you won't feel as caught up as when watching a whole drama about them (only). This also gives you a serious feel when compared to the couple on the left. To add a spice to this couple. There is also a friend of the wife who's in trouble. She's recently divorced and has no place to stay. In the end she stays with this couple. You'd expect it to be like a cheating case. But the faithfulness of this husband will melt your heart. In fact, when a huge incident is revealed, the husband is still lenient with his wife. It makes you wonder if there still is anyone like this out there.
      Now the main couple. It is sort of like 'Fated to love you' however, with more of a relationship feel. It feels more real. I think it's because of the revolving family matters in it and it's slow progress that makes you feel like you're living with them. In each episode you have a bit of every couple so it feels so complete. Like you're watching 3 dramas in one! So the main couple under weird circumstances are together (rival or not), they get married to fulfill the grandmother's wishes. Since Annie (the main girl) is aiming to become a lawyer she creates a contract with Chris who agrees. During the first 8 episodes you'd think that Chris was in love with his best friend. However, as the episodes progress you can tell that they are falling for each other. 
      Once they are married, you will witness the married life through the mother and father in law. You will see how, all the couples are tied, and the family is forgiving. As a comparison to all the huge dramas with huge problems in them, this light mattered dramas takes you to the heart. You're expecting a problem to be resolved after a few episodes other than throughout the drama. You see how hard it to be a housewife, you see how hard it is to love someone and get them to love you, You see how hard it is to keep a life between married couples, and you see how hard it is to share your thoughts with family members. Not one moment is missed.
      If you loved, Fated to love you, or actually, if you love any drama. You'd love this. And if you're afraid that it's slow paced, don't worry every episode is packed with a story! There are little exaggerations and the music fits completely with the story, the main song is actually really cute. It's sung by Richie Ren. (I love him). And it's given with a little children's feel. As if you're listening to a lullaby.

That is the opening clip of the drama with the song. It is said to have 80 episodes, but don't worry if it's being released from Mondays to Fridays, I'm willing to watch them all. And it doesn't seem a lot when all this is happening. The real feel, needs a real length! :) 
Hope you enjoyed the review as I've been enjoying the drama
& Have a nice day! :)

2 comments:

DramaQueen said...

Do you know if I can purchase the dvd set in english subs from somewhere?

Ee.vonnn said...

The drama isn't done yet so I don't even think you can buy this without subs. :S
But I know there were people subbing it like viki. You can try searching for those? :S

Post a Comment