Feb 25, 2012

Today's Special: Code Blue (Season I & II) Review

If you are only on this post of the Review on Code Blue Season 1 & 2 skip the paragraph until the picture! :)
      If you're someone who's been keeping track of my post ever since my early days then I'm sorry for letting you down. I know I haven't been updating at all. Main reason is that I didn't have internet for 2 weeks. Funny thing is, when I'm not on often, there are more people that visit. There have been an increase in visits from the States and Indonesia! YAY! (: Thank you guys, I know you're just coming for the recaps. But this time it's a blog about myself and maybe a short drama review. 
      If you guys didn't know I'm in grade 12. And I'm totally nervous about university and my marks so I probably won't be updating as much as before as you can tell with the decrease in posts. But, I do have a life and I've been watching greys anatomy, starting Once upon a time and watch New girl every Tuesday. If Terra Nova were still on I'd be watching that too. If you're someone that's interested in Western shows those are really good! (OH! and Big Bang Theory and Community). And since I've been watching Grey's Anatomy I've been thinking of Code Blue, SO - today it will be a review on Code Blue season 1 and 2.
I actually REALLY liked Code Blue. I've watched it 3 or 4 times over and over again (Plus the special). First of all this drama has little romance so if you're looking for
a romantic relationship between all the characters, it's not gonna be in here. It's more of a social and slice of life drama. Like most Japanese dramas, each episode tends to teach you a lesson. As a Grey's Anatomy viewer - I can tell you it's like Grey's anatomy but in Japanese and without all the drama with co-workers.
Although this drama does show people's insides it isn't as bad as Sign, however, if you ARE interested in people's insides and more scientific stuff - I DO recommend Sign as I loved that drama as well (it isn't Japanese though). I didn't want to find a Character map as most of the people in this drama are the people in the picture above. Everyone in this drama is on the emergency care thing. They aren't brain surgeons and stuff like that. They are like, people who treat emergency people. The main idea of the drama is that Japan has a emergency take on Helicopters. Instead of just ambulances, the Helicopter is brought into the image.

      I didn't want to find a Character map as most of the people in this drama are the people in the picture above.
      The one in the middle is Aizawa. I guess you can consider him the main guy (it's kinda like Grey's anatomy, we learn about each character but there's always someone who's the voice over - which, in this case is Aizawa). He's not a very... welcoming character. He actually lacks emotion sometimes. At first you'll feel like he's cool and smart and you'll like it but when the other people come into the picture and he lacks judgement, you tend to lean towards (not liking him?) Although - I still liked him when he lacked Judgement. 
      The one on the right side of him is (my favourite Japanese actress) Shiraishi, She's a like a brain / textbooks. Everything hands on is a bit off when compared to Aizawa. Although she means well, she lacks bravery. Because her father was a surgeon, she also went into medical studies. What she lacks is also what Hiyama has a lot of. 
      The one of the left of the guy in the middle is Hiyama. She has a lot of compassion for everyone. In fact, she cares a bit too much about her patients. And due to this, she gets into a lot of trouble through out season I and II.
      The one beside Shiraishi is Seijima. She's the nurse that assist these interns. There's also a resident that's with them but he's just a mentor. Seijima is someone with a secret. She's also the least cared about during the entire series. However, she does speak up. She isn't just another weak women. You may not come to like Seijima within the beginning of season 1 but you'll come to understand her. (I really don't want to spoil anything). 
      Lastly, there's Fujikawa that's right beside Hiyama. He's the clumsy yet kind hearted. Throughout the entire series you'll experience the different sides of being a doctor and you'll learn about each one of their lives. Fujikawa is one that we may understand the most about within the series. 
  Now, what I don't like about this series... Although I really like everything, - like it has all these cases that makes your adrenaline rush but it's lacking in character. We learn about each and everyone of them but maybe if they expanded it more and let these doctors become more human I would've liked it more. I was really searching for someone between Shiraishi and Aizawa. I felt that they were great together and it was together that they found out more about themselves. 
      But what was AMAZING about this series is the patients and the co-operation between each person that was acting in this show. It seemed as if they were really in a hospital that needed help. Code blue also had a beautiful soundtrack that I also got after watching it the first time. With Code blue you see these cases you would've never thought about. There's also a comedic relief between each small talk. However it does lack in family attributes. You get to only see these doctors in bars, hospitals and sites where the patients are in need of emergency help. You never see their house, home and how they live (maybe in flash backs). but still lacking. 
So in the end, I really wanna give you more info about this drama but it's just too awesome and I'm spoiling it already. All you gotta do is watch episode one and you'll come to love it as much as I did. A little warning. The blood comes as we zoom it towards the body so if you just wanna watch because you wanna see how amazing or whether my review was good get prepared when they zoom in! :) but other than that. I hope you enjoy the drama cause it's quite the excitement to watch. Especially when you know there are 2 seasons and 1 special. 
Hope you enjoyed the review 
& Have a great day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment