Feb 6, 2012

Today's Special: Zenkai Girl Review

      I'm sorry this isn't a recap... But I'm trying. I just started grade 12 Semester 2. And I'm trying to get use to me sleep hours again. I swear, If I could relive a time. I wouldn't want to relive grade 12. It's the most stressful period of time I've had ever since birth. I just hope University isn't worse than this... SO! Zenaki Girl. I gave it a try a few months ago, and it didn't turn out good. I then bought the DVD set because I had nothing to watch and my internet was down. I gave it another try, and I found it okay. So here's my review before I actually get the time to do recaps. Here's the promotional poster view of this drama:
So this drama is about a lawyer (Aragaki Yui) and a stay at home dad (Nishikido Ryo) as you can see on the poster. This lawyer has money and status as her main goal in life whereas the SatH dad only thinks about the happiness of his 'son'. The first episode of this drama actually felt different compared to the rest of the series. I actually liked the rest of the series than the first episode. The first episode threw me off. It was kinda like... Hmm... 
      So, the lawyer joins a big firm but instead of being a lawyer she becomes nanny of the child of the boss of the firm (Whoa that was a mouthful). Only problem is that
she's not really familiar with children. In fact, she did not have a childhood. Her childhood was filled with achievements and harsh living styles which encourages her 'today' to be as strict as she is. However, her life turns completely around as her mentality stays educated however her behavior becomes somewhat like a teenage girl in love. Having no experience in love, the slow interactions she has with the innocent and loving Stay at home dad becomes a new adventure for her. She is also taught in life as she teaches the little kid she's babysitting.
Picture from sammy48.wordpress.com - Which also has short recaps on Zenkai Girl
      This drama originally attracted my attention because of the two leads, but as I roughly got through the first episode the following episodes caught my attention. This shows an innocent side to the previous generation and also a slice of the generation we live in now. The drama gives us both sides. The view of a child in kindergarten and the view of adults in the adult world. It also shows how adults can become children and children can be wiser than adults in some cases. 
      The beauty of many Japanese dramas is it's ability to teach valuable lessons through casual and fun dramas. If you're looking for something relaxing and short, Zenkai girl is perfect for you (as long as you can stay put). It may take some time to get use to and get pulled into the story but the beautiful companionship the two main leads will absolutely catch your attention. Sadly I don't have any attachments to the songs used in this drama. If it had a main song, I'm sorry I don't remember it. You'll get easily familiar with the surroundings of the leads and you'll love the acting the children have in this drama. In fact, it's quite amazing how well they were in this drama! 
      Simply, just enjoy Zenkai girl! I'm sure you'll be able to watch it as I did. Loved the ending, and I loved the chemistry between the main leads. 
 Have fun, hope you enjoyed the recap and Have a great Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment