Apr 9, 2012

Today's Special: Absolute boyfriend (絕對達令) EP 1 Recap

      I know I normally do full recaps with pictures and such. I would but last night I stayed up watching Lord of the Rings with my brother and friend so I'm like super tired and my head hurts like crazy. Still didn't finish watching Lord of the rings, Still have the last movie to watch, so instead I just watched Absolute boyfriend (Taiwan version). I talked about it a bit in a previous post.  I'll do full recap once I have the time, like I always do. When the subtitles are out... you can watch it yourself and my recaps will seem useless.
The episode starts off with Jiro talking to this little girl about how our other half is inseparable. Then we see the girl in the present who is Go Hye Sun. The angles start off odd so you can't see her face as she starts picking out her clothes to head out we start to see her face. We don't understand why she's in a rush but she's finding a bracelet that will help her with her relationship.  She remembers that the bracelet was with her yesterday's clothes so she goes onto her balcony to get it. On the other side, we see her neighbor who's (like the perfect guy EVER! also because he's Kunda from Inborn Pair so I'm totally in love with him). She starts throwing around her clothes to get her stuff and Kunda was also on his balcony getting his little brother's sport pants. She flings her bra and it lands on Kunda who was getting his bro's pants off the floor but she doesn't notice. She packs a gift and heads out. 
      When she opens the door Kunda's there asking her where she's going and stuff (so we learn that she's heading out to see a guy). Kun (short form) takes out the bra and she's embarrased and stuffs it into the gift bag. He makes a comment about how she'll get dumped again like she always does. She gets angry, hits him then leaves. She waits for a guy to give him his gift. When she meets up with him (he's not good looking) she hands him his gift but he's  not really into her. And this other girl pops up. He looks into the gift and finds her bra and gets confused. She gets super embarrassed and gets shot down. 
       (from this point I started to pay attention to my phone more...) I think now she's at an office with her friend that just came back from the airport. They are talking about Kunda. Her friend starts asking who he is. Go (short form) says that they have been neighbors since kindergarten, went to the same school and now work in the same company. Friend tells her that it seems fishy and they look cute together. She denies it completely and says that there could never be something (I watch Inborn pair so I totally love him and I gotta say he's completely different but still adorable and loveable. I would totally go for him, She's totally blind.) and at some point Go finds this phone on the grass beside this bench she was sitting on. She picks it up and this guy (who really does suit the image, surprisingly it actually looks a bit like the guy from the Japanese version) picks up. 
      She ends up at his house I dunno why (my head hurts... D;) and they start talking about this potential thing she could use. He tells her about this opportunity to have a perfect boyfriend. She takes that into consideration that night and goes onto the website with the thought "how bad could it be / What could go wrong?". She does that the whole night and surprisingly the next morning a huge cylinder package shows up the next morning. (Taiwan totally upgraded the robot, he came in a huge metal box in Japan :P - In fact, so upgraded the robot doesn't even talk like a robot.) but she gets confused presses this button and Jiro appears (not activated). As she's looking at him he starts to fall down onto her (he's naked btw). And she starts panicking. She gets a phone call and it's from that weird guy before. He tells her that she has to kiss him before he will activate. So she does and he does wake up. Starts calling her Darling / Honey. (She's not as panicky and the Jap version it was cuter and funnier but still good). She gives him PJS and tells him the get dressed in the bathroom. At the same time Kunda comes over to give her, her breakfast (like always - Aws, what a nice guy!) She says she doesn't need it today. Jiro sneezes and Kunda's like (What the...) so he tries to go in but she pushes him out and he's like, FINE! and leaves. 
      Go, goes to buy clothes for Jiro to wear. She's happy because she hasn't ever bought clothes for guys. As she heads out she sees the guy she was giving gifts to. She follows him (and his friends) into a restaurant and overhears their convo (and it's not good). She gets sad and Jiro (with his awesome ring that can tell when his owner's upset) rushes out to see her (in his PJ). He beats up the dudes at the restaurant and calls her his girlfriend and they leave and she's happy. As they head out we can see the legs of this guy (who I think is Kunda, and he knows now what's happening). The guys want to go after Go and Jiro but (kunda) kicks this small sofa chair over and it knocks the guys down and he heads out. Go and Jiro sit in the cold on a bench after that until night fall. 
      (I dunno if I might be leaving out info after this cause I'm totally in pain, I should sleep after this...) The next day, Go wakes up to Jiro cooking for her. Then they head out and walk on this overhead crossing. This kid knocks over Go who has her phone knocked over and onto the road below. Jiro jumps off the overhead crossing picks up the phone and this bus comes straight at him, He simply moves away and the bus is like this ________ far apart from his face. Literally that space. She rushes down and a ton of people are like "Omg yayyyy! you're so cool" - in his face. She grabs him away and tells him that it's dangerous and he should never do that again. She feels upset but also worries about him and he can sense that in his super powered ring. (but instead of saying aww you care about me. he just goes like, I like your smile. you should smile often) and in her head she's like 'Yeah, why am I worried about a robot?'. She ends up naming him "Na-tie" I think that's what it was in Chinese. Like that's what I read in the subs and I couldn't hear her but It's something similar to Nigh-to so it's good! And that's how it ends - EP 01. 


COMMENTS:
      Not a disappointment. I liked it. I watched Jap version + Jap movie of it and totally liked it. But this one's okay as well. Might be because Kunda is in it. But totally liked it. My head hurt a lot writing this and watching it but I still went and watched the whole thing so Congrats to me (and it tells you how good it was). Capable of being in pain and watching. Kunda, totally cute and completely different from Inborn pair. Jiro like always, amazing actor. and Surprisingly, the voice actress for Go Hye sun was good so it ALMOST seemed like she was the one talking. (ALMOST). We don't really get to see the whole office and such yet and the set seems nice. Weird dude is still weird so it's good. I just think it's good for the first episode. Unlike Skip beat - I had to watch a few episode till I started liking it. Well I still don't really LIKE it, but I like the parts where they talk about acting or when the female lead is competitive (not over reacting but competitive). Off track - but yes, I liked the episode and would watch episode 02. No doubt especially with that preview! + if you like seeing Jiro naked / half naked episode 1 is totally for you! :) 
Hope you enjoyed my semi Recap & Have a great day! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi thank you for your recap

I love this show, leading actors have great chemistry despite for their language barrier
Btw look forward for your recap for next ep

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

how many recap do you have for Taiwanese version of Absolute boyfriend? :P I'm looking for ep7 recap :D

Post a Comment