Nov 5, 2012

Extended Special: What is love / 花是愛 Review

Wow, I forgot about the only show I AM watching right now. I recommend 花是愛! 
花是愛
A short synopsis: Eva, a hard working women in her 30s is searching for love in today's complicated and free world. Her hopes for a pure love is always intervened by the realistic view on romance. When she finally meets this one man she believes to be the one. His true self, which is a player, comes to haunt her and tell her the truth about today's romance. Although she is hurt, she still believes she will find the "one". Her determination intrigues Adam (The player). The more he tries to win her back (because he wants to prove that love is in fact cruel and unreal) the more he finds "true love". However, now that he truly loves her - she won't believe him any more because he once hurt her. As both couples intervene in each other's lives they come to realize what love they are seeking for and why they were always unable to find "the one". 
I really like it although sometimes it is cheesy or exaggerated but it is theatrically pleasing and with a good plot line. I love how it started off. First episode was a throw off because it displayed a classical Romantic drama I did not really want to see but something told me to keep watching until the 3rd episode to decide whether it was really worth it or not. I was not wrong for continuing into the 2nd episode because it was only after the end of the episode did I find it to be potentially good. I love how a romantic like drama became a romantic-comedy. I actually watch every episode full on. I love each character in this drama. Although some are annoying at times, they have proven themselves to be useful to the main characters story line, with their small contributions. The last episode is coming out soon as well! I can't wait!&nbsp
      A few episodes into the show the main actress was able to make me cry. I felt sad. I also found her increasingly similar to myself. I liked her strong charismatic feel when she was trying to prove the main actor wrong. I loved their chemistry together. It also did not make me annoyed or upset to see such an innocent yet independent women single, (yet yearn to be in a relationship). The way she deals with the main actor (the player boy) makes me think highly of her. I give credit to her for still believing in love even after the constant jokes and pranks he pulls off her. Watching this drama you get to see the two sides of a relationship. You also encounter most of the possible people in a real world: A married older women, a divorced single mother, a hurtful young man, a helpful friend and a player. What contributes to these characters are the side characters such as the loving father, the strong (and cool) like mom, the crazy ex, a prince like boyfriend and the annoying co-workers. As all the characters mingle together you get to see an average social and work life recreation. 

It was a wonderfully executed drama with a few quirky scenes that made you find it fun and entertaining. Not only does this drama appeal to the young age because it talks about pure love but it also appeals to young adults / adults as well due to it's reveal of the true side of men. It shows different aspects women and men have in a relationship and it's evil side. Pure love is displayed through the main actress and realistic love is displayed through the main actor. Painful and forgiving love is displayed by the second male lead and finally true love is displayed as both the main actress and actor come together. If you want something relaxing yet emotionally and visually pleasing this is a great drama to watch. Especially how it only has 16 episodes. The length is worth it and this second final episode intrigues you. It makes you wonder how all of this is going to come together and truly which view on love will win? Will it be pure love, realistic love, forgiving love or true love? 

Have a great day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment