Jun 25, 2011

Extra Special: Material Queen & Hayate the Combat Butler - First Impression

      I know! I'm posting again. It's sorta because I don't want to write in my previous post as an update since it's been hours since the last post. I think it's because I haven't been on for so long that I'm just so late in these drama things. Well I won't be talking about Korean dramas but instead I'll talk about Taiwan Dramas. One that I'm leaning towards is called Material Queen (拜金女王) because Vanness Wu is in it. And no Ady An is not in it although I would've loved it better.
Material Queen
      As you can see she's close to Ady... Kay I lied. I think Ady is prettier. But still. I didn't watch any episodes yet but I saw the extended preview which was like almost half an hour long. It's quite interesting but a bit confusing because the order is a bit weird. In this drama Vanness Wu is acting as a music student who is hired to pretend to be a rich son to keep the real guy's identity. He then meets this girl who is in love with money. 
Believing that he is the real rich guy she follows him around for 2 days and falls in love with him but in the end she leaves her old rich husband for him. She then learns that he ISN'T what she expected him to be. Then some confusing stuff happen and she ends up at his village. She and he plot to get closer to another rich dude. Which succeeds but he is still deeply in love with her. And the rest is for us to watch. One thing that got my attention would be the OP song to this drama which is called 'Is this all'. Here listen to it:
Funny thing it's featuring Ryan Tedder even though it's a Chinese song. But still amazingly pleasant to the ear and a pretty good MV. If all else fails and the drama is horrible and very hard to watch just listen to the song over and over again! :) 
      Now the next drama that I haven't been catching up to and probably won't because I did not like the anime or manga. It's called Hayate the Combat Butler. It's a collab with Korea and Taiwan. Park Shin Hye from 'You're beautiful' Is in it. Here's a poster view:
Hayate the Combat Butler (Drama)
You can watch it on Viki just like Material Queen. The one thing that bothers me the most about this is that you can't change a very exaggerated manga into a drama it's just weird. And the dubbing is weird too. Should've just let he speak Korean and like have him magically understand her with subtitles at the side (with a cute bubbly out look around it).
      Cause really... the dubbing would've been better if they picked some other voice. I know it's cute but it just doesn't match it her if you've already heard her voice before on other things. She's good at acting cute I gotta admit. But after watching episode one I just couldn't watch episode two. I must say both of the guy leads are good looking and Park Shin Hye is also very very pretty but it's hard to watch and recap. Please don't disappoint me Skip beat!
Once again... Have a nice day! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment