Dec 10, 2010

Today's Special: Hispanic Radio Station

      Today I went to a Hispanic radio station for a Spanish class trip. So wait I didn't tell you about the thing that happened yesterday about this trip. So my teacher was basically ranting at us about this trip cause some of us couldn't / didn't want to go. Sometimes i believe she's just too pressed and stressed. but yeah in the end we ended up going or else I wouldn't have anything entertaining to tell you about today! :) 

      So we were waiting for our teacher from like 9:28 to like almost 10:10? I dunno it felt that long. I didn't check the clock but yeah. from that long. Only 13 of us went so the bus was very spacey but yeah I wasn't feeling well on the bus cause I have motion sickness. but sitting at the front was better at the trip back. I sorta fell asleep too. So when we arrived we were actually really surprised because it was a house. The basement was the radio station. It's not really bad. it's just we didn't really expect it to be a house. But it was fun! No worries. Here's like a picture. (that I got from my friend but I'll ask her later if I'm allowed If I'm not I'll take it off)  
      So like yeah it looks like I have a wth face but I was really worried because we were actually on air. Like hundreds of Hispanic people would be listening to our poor Spanish... :S But eventually it wasn't that bad. Like she asked each of us where we were born and what we wanted to be in the future. She asked why we were learning  Spanish. I liked Marc's answer on what he wanted to be in the future the most. He said he wanted to be the President of Korea. :P so yeah we had fun but it was like SUPER hot in there. In the end I wasn't wearing a coat but everyone else was still wearing theirs. Like it was Fuming I don't get how they can keep it on! :O

       We also got some background information about this radio station! Apparently it was founded 7 years ago by this very very nice guy. Irene took a picture of him. He's SUPER nice. He doesn't just belong to one religion. He belongs to all religion. He has many religious and philosophic figures.  He has their pictures around his office. When I was listening him talk it felt like this aura was surrounding him it was so amazing! He use to drive buses from here all the way to other places to give them the buses! Now he drives ambulances down there. It's just really amazing! This radio station was originally his house but instead he gave it up for the radio station. He really likes helping people and listening to him talk makes you want to help him  I wanted to donate money to the radio station too but I didn't have any... :S and then we went to eat at a Peruvian restaurant. My Spanish teacher said it was a buffet but really... it wasn't that buffet looking when it only had 3 big pots for you to scoop things out to eat.  I liked the beef and chicken though! The rice was really... just rice and their soup was dumpling soup. I thought that was Chinese... Bleeh I don't know. but here's a photo of Irene's dish of almost every food that was there... And we also had to spend like an hour and a half more there after everyone was done eating so we tried to find a coffee shop close by. Instead we found a Wendy's. Everyone got coffee but I really just wanted to go to the bathroom because I didn't know whether the Peruvian restaurant had one... But yeah then we came back to school. and during the bus ride I took a picture of Irene and Edward sleeping. Was planning on posting here but instead I'll just delete them. And then like always I wait for Laura and go to Michelle and her boyfriend. Now that I think about I have tons of homework to do... Arg. I can't wait until the winter break. And during the break before Christmas I'm going to FINISH all my homework so that I can relax then SO MUCH. I just can't wait until I get to sleep in and rest all day! :)
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment