Dec 31, 2010

Today's special: HURTS / Clone baby

So I haven't blogged in a while. I'm still sorta sick but i have some amazing news to tell you! It's about this drama that I am totally inlove with and searching for it's last episode. This drama is called Clone baby. 
I know, the name even sounds horribly... scary. Well no duh! It's a thriller and from it's name Clone you know it's science-fiction. So the short summaries that normal drama websites give was super short and non-informational. Normally I don't watch thrillers. But I did at a time period because I learned that thrillers and horror drama / movies were different. Horror is more disgusting. And because I love this drama so much I'm going to re-write the summary. But mine may contain a spoiler knowing that I myself don't like many surprises. :) I didn't get to screencap any pictures to post here of the brilliant scenes they had from what I have watched so you're just gonna have to imagine them :S. Sucks eh? So as you can tell this drama is gonna be talking about clones. In the first episode you're gonna be totally lost. First you get to see this guy named Masamune who's going to commit suicide. Then a guy dressed in entirely white appears and tells him to kill himself cause then it'd "help him". This guy is Hiro. Which is the one I love the most in this drama. :) Here are pictures but not from me. They're from other bloggers around. 

So the guy all in white there is Hiro and the one in blue is Masamune who wants to jump off the building. So he does. And he ends up in a hospital. At first M wakes up and goes like aren't I suppose to be dead? And Hiro is also dead and asks him "How does it feel like to suicide?" and then... he wakes up... again? SEE I told you it's a bit weird. So you're like wtFUDGE. and Then you see Masamune's Family. And even if I explain all the relationships you wouldn't really understand so I'll get to the summary LOL! 
Asterisk Necklace! *I wanttt!
      So in one of the episodes a science teacher and one of her students which is Masamune's sister talk about these rats. She told M's sister that these two rats were 99% cloned to be the same. At first they were at 2 different boxes and then she puts both rats into the same box. The box starts shaking and then silence. Once M's sister opens the box again only one of them is alive. So This teacher explains that thankfully humans aren't cloned. Which isn't the case in this drama. There ARE human clones. In the first 2 episodes you learn about this serial killer that only kills 19 year olds that are born on the 7th of July.  He also kills them and takes something out of their body. Ewww? ;) Then we come to learn that all these clone babies are born on that very same day. They all also have the symbol of an Asterisk on their arm. Which is like the symbol on the necklace at the side. There are 2 brother clones that also wear this necklace they are "hope of the asterisk" or something like that. But one of them has turned evil and is the serial killer that kills all these clones. As told, like the mice clones with kill each other. But Hiro does not want to kill. and he's also "hope of the asterisk" well one of them. It wasn't until Hiro lost his brother (the other hope) that he was so determined to end this all - which was the fight of clones. 
Hiro &  "hope of Asterisk 2" - Gota

So you're slightly confused right now so I'll go more in depth but don't blame me if I spoil anything. In the first 3 episodes we also see this one guy who's a scientist. He keeps this girl wrapped up in bandages in this room. This girl is called Mio. 3 Main people I have to have you keep in mind would be Hiro, Masamune and Marika (whom I haven't talked about yet). But Hiro already knew he was a clone WAY back. Masamune just learned about after he... well realized that he lost his birthmark the asterisk. Marika didn't really "accept it" until Masamune tried to attack and kill her. And that gets triggered when one clone touches another clone. Because 2 people with the same DNA cannot stay on earth... But why take out something from their body? Well that's a GOOD (VERY GOOD) question. I myself was like - WHY? you kill them and that's not enough? well bascially it's because these clones were originally created to save Mio who has a cell malfunction (or something like that). Which means slowly each one of her organs die. When a clone is killed something from their body is transferred into Mio's Body. 
      Wait, Now you're REALLY confused? Want me to make a chain for you? :) 
Mio = 8 clones -> who kill each other to be the only clone left (because that's the law of something something profidence) -> clone dead = organ transplant! [Side note: but how do these clones find each other or regconize each other?] *answer: They have a asterisk mark on their arm & they have this magnetic force which attracts them to each other.  
Unwrapping Mio *heehee like a mummy!
      So you're wondering how does this all stop. Well I didn't get to know until episode 6 / 7 When they found out there's a solution which is to kill the master clone. Which they were wondering who it was and trying to kill each other. In fact it was Mio. And Dun dun dun. Episode 10 they FIND Mio but realize that Mio... looks EXACTLY like Marika. And how's that bad? well... That means that Marika has the same problem as Mio. What does that mean? Means... the same thing could happen ALL OVER AGAIN... but I wouldn't know because I didn't watch episode 11 (which is the last episode)
The Cast of <Clone Baby>
      Let me just warn you I have you a REALLY REALLY REALLY vague idea of this drama. There was so much more that happened and you'd be BLOWN away when you watch it. And I hope you do! Here's two places you can watch it: 
  1. Clone baby @ Drama Crazy
  2. Clone Baby @ MySoju
Hope you enjoy it and HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEARS! :)
& thank you Blogspot for fixing my Template. I was afraid it was stuck like that! 
Add on - OMG! I forgot to talk about their amazing theme music!  Their main song is called Better than love by HURTS. Gotta listen to it! wait let me look for a preview somewhere! 



Another song I heard in that drama would be Wonderful life. I also really liked it so I'll post their video too. But Let me just tell you the video is sorta hard to understand like Better than love.  


I also really really liked the song stay by them. Just I don't really understand their videos but in the drama their song really created an atmosphere. Really easy to understand too. The moment they played Stay was when Ozu died. And I was like :O NOO! and they played stay for when the computer hacker died too I believe it was EXTREMELY sad when that happened. I cried alot for his death. so yeah, WATCH IT! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment